• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
five years ago Benchmarking came in which said prisons could run with a lot less staff, VEDS was born and thousands of highly experienced prison officers were paid off handsomely to leave early.
This gave HMP the prisons with a lot less staff that they wanted and since then? Well since then we have RECORD NUMBERS of brand new prison officers with 0 experience whatever. Far better than the hugely experienced prison officers who were paid handsomely to leave.
Join falkor, manc-apollo and npatchet2000, Twisties and Moredread for the BIG DISCUSSION on all this and more, 2000hrs Wednesday night

mChat Wednesday night 2000 :slhehe:

Black coffee :mug: provided free

HMP Berwyn Vetting

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
Xbcx
Registered Member
Registered Member
Alignment: 'Lightning'

Re: HMP Berwyn Vetting

Post by Xbcx » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:11 am

When I spoke to a woman on the phone who deals with the rad results and the processes adds you to merit list ect she confirmed it does do on your rad results

Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member
Alignment: 'Shadow'
Mood:

Post by Emma101 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:57 am

moredread ,
Your response gives me some hope then so thank you. I got quite good results from rad, or so I thought anyway 😂 but I'm sure others would be better so hopefully that is just speculation or I am somewhere up there with my results. Wow that's a long wait 10 months, but I suppose when you know your in vetting there is some light at the end of that tunnel where being merit listed feels like a kick in the teeth after passing the rad. Congratulations to you :slcl: hope your enjoying it and hopefully I won't be too far behind.

Emma

keiramurphy
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by keiramurphy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:12 pm

Ahh I've had a nightmare from passing the rad 12 weeks ago! Today I've only just been put on the merit list for berwyn as there was problems with shared services and they blocked my application by mistake.

What a waste of 12 weeks! Weirdly enough I spoke to someone in berwyn yesterday and they told me my vetting has begun which confuses me even more!!

Hopefully we won't be on it for too long. X

kiloren
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Jasper'

Post by kiloren » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:59 pm

Vetting can happen at anytime I know people who were vetted passed then merit lost

Hang in there been told that new dates for poelt being finalised at moment for Feb March and may

Not 100% sure how correct the info is but come from a good contact
"I know what I must do. I don't know if I'm strong enough to do it. Will you help me?"

Elvis1988
Executive Member
Executive Member
Mood:

Post by Elvis1988 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:57 pm

I passed vetting 2 weeks ago for Berwyn and am on the April course it’s all a long and anxious wait but it will be worth it in the end.
Applied 9/7/17
Rad 23/7/17
Rad passed 25/7/17
Conditional offer received 27/7/17
Vetting started 27/7
HMRC returned 27th Aug
Status change 22nd Nov :slcup: :slbg: :
Got the call 23rd Nov
Start date April 16th 2018 :slcl:

Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mood:

Post by Emma101 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:29 pm

Hi Elvis,

Congratulations :slcl: that's brilliant news, although April is still a way away isn't it to start training :slsh2: I'm still on the merit list and have heard nothing since so god help when and if I get off it when my potential training dates would be :sloo: the whole process is a nightmare and patience I have learnt is an absolute must ( not my best characteristic obviously) :slin:

Xbcx
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Xbcx » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:39 am

Emma when did you get put on merit list I have been on it months now, seen a few say there on April course so think am looking at a while and more than likey be 're doing my rad day again, thought I would of heard somthing by now for next year's date by the time vetting would it been processed :/

Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mood:

Post by Emma101 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:54 pm

Hi xbcx

I have been merit listed for just over 4 weeks now. Sorry for the late reply been busy over Christmas 🎄. I thought I would have heard by now to be in with a chance of doing April training after vetting process would be completed. It's so frustrating the waiting but everyone keeps saying it's normal, one person was merit listed for three months before they had an offer, how long have you been waiting ?

Regards emma

Xbcx
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Xbcx » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:11 pm

Since july 😂

Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mood:

Post by Emma101 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:05 pm

Xcbx

Wow July that's frightening and here's me complaining of just little over a month. I'm wondering whether to apply for others in the vicinity just to see if the process will be any quicker, the waiting is awful, especially as we are in limbo. At least with the vetting process, you know all being well you will get a training date.

Let me know if you hear anything.

Emma

kiloren
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Jasper'

Post by kiloren » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:07 pm

Stoke Heath, risley always after staff but doesn’t mean vetting will be quicker

Most staff I know waiting 2-3 weeks for results then another 2-6 months for the call and then 2-6 months to acctualy start

It’s a long process but worth it
"I know what I must do. I don't know if I'm strong enough to do it. Will you help me?"

Negative13
Rookie Member

Post by Negative13 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:21 am

I started my application process in April and completed my RAD in June with my results coming back no less than two days later.
There was an issue with my Passport/ID copies so I had to email them straight to Berwyn to then be put on the Merit list ever since.
Took them over a month to put me on the Merit list after receiving my email, It seems that shared services seem to be the time consumers as they do have a lot on their plates.
At least with being on the merit list you know you have come this far so just sit back and relax until the day comes I guess.
That's my way of coping during the dreaded wait :slbg:

Emma101
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mood:

Post by Emma101 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:37 pm

Hi negative 13,

I can't believe you have been waiting since June, how on earth do you cope with that kind of wait? Are you not worried you will never get the email? Are you working already? Sorry so many questions, I just feel like I'm in limbo, do I look for another job in the meantime, and hope I hear something soon. I'm really lucky in the sense my husband has a good job so can support me but would like to just start already. :sloo:

Emma

Negative13
Rookie Member

Post by Negative13 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:12 am

Hi Emma,

Well I guess a huge aspect of the job is patients and if I cant wait a while to have pretty much my dream job then I wouldn't last very long once I had it :slbg:
I am currently working at the moment and my current employers are very supportive towards my ambitions so the wait is not as painful for me as it is for most. In regards to never getting the call. Its not exactly a Job people are lining up for so eventually we will get the call and if we don't then we don't, But sitting around worrying is only going to make the wait that little bit longer and an even more difficult experience.

At the moment we have done all that we can and I know that my RAD scores were not the best during the scenario's so I am not holding my breath.
Be sure to let us know how you are getting on with your recruitment process :slcl:

Xbcx
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Xbcx » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:45 pm

Believe the next date is april, hopefully we will be contacted soon as vetting will need to be done

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic