• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
mChat Sunday @ 0900 hrs
Celticbhoy

Need to remember the prison is ours we just let them stay there. So none of this it's there house or own space. You can't go to a hotel and spark up?

falkor
I vaguely remember some movie where tons of missing people were returned to the planet including Glen Miller although he was slightly changed and now played reggae
manc-apollo
In some YOI they do get gifts,socks or little stocking filler type things. Staff will usually get a longer dinner there will be a little fewer staff on over the whole day because bang up is usually earlier. You will tend to find its harder to bang up the more difficult cons near the end of your day over the festive period.
Moredread
We're also doing something different again this year for food. Last year I did a tapas which was amazing. This year with be a 3 bird game pie (pheasant, partridge and duck - all shot locally and prepared by yours truly), roast potatoes and parsnips, carrots and peas with a home made stuffing.
SgtBush
But boss boss....... NO.
No is a good word to have.
You can change a no to a yes easier than a yes to a no if your unsure.

do join us :slcu: on this early morning mChat, a variety of questions and answers to be had
have your questions prepped for our experts and you will get an on the spot answer
click the X top right of this Announcement panel :x-)

Facebook vetting?

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
piotrasoff
Rookie Member

Facebook vetting?

Post by piotrasoff » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:09 pm

Hello
Waiting for development/re-take day.
I wonder how they do facebook vetting? Looking for person named as me / using same e-mail? Checking all public comments?
Maybe the best way to stay clear and safe would be deleting facebook account?

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Shade'

Re: Facebook vetting?

Post by falkor » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:06 pm

I think deleting is going too far, but that's just my opinion
falkor wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:29 pm
while I was job hunting from June last year to September, I "deactivated my Facebook account" for that entire 4 months job hunting
You can deactivate your FB account temporarily and choose to come back whenever you want.

To deactivate your account:

Tap and scroll down
Tap Account Settings > Security
Tap Deactivate in the bottom right
If you deactivate your account, your profile won’t be visible to other people on Facebook and people won’t be able to search for you. Some information, such as messages you sent to friends, may still be visible to others.

If you’d like to come back to Facebook anytime after you’ve deactivated your account, you can reactivate your account by logging in with your email and password. Your profile will be restored in its entirety (ex: friends, photos and interests). Remember, you'll need to have access to the login email address or phone number for your account in order to reactivate it.
because I didn't want my prospective new employers looking me up on FB, it is a good half way measure because while the months go by, all your Facebook stuff that you accrued etc for 8-10 years, tonnes of pics and everything on there that you would like to keep hold of as really they are the only place they are stored ARE SAFE AND SOUND (but locked down)

As soon as I got my next job ..... I waited a couple of weeks more, then reactivated the FB A/C! SWEET, worked like a charm and none of the 45 interviews I went to for a new job could say "We looked up your Facebook A/c" I was more than happy
I would say Deactivate your FB account, you can leave it deactivated forever if you want to (which is the same as deleted)

Welcome to the site piotrasoff :slby:
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

piotrasoff
Rookie Member

Post by piotrasoff » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:43 pm

Thanks for your answer.
I think its gone too far when setting your social media profile as "private" is not enough.

Saxon79
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Saxon79 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Do the vetting team actually check people out on fb?
It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. Psalm 118:8

Mjaymz
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Mjaymz » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:56 pm

Yes they do

Saxon79
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Saxon79 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:58 pm

Why?

Mjaymz
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Mjaymz » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:01 pm

To see if your hiding anything or if you've ever been part of a movement or involved with the police for anything same as the police they dig deep on vetting and cover almost everything

Saxon79
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Saxon79 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:05 pm

So have they got some kind of special access rights to snoop on people's fb?

Mjaymz
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Mjaymz » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:06 pm

They work closely with the police I'm told but I definitely know social media is checked

piotrasoff
Rookie Member

Post by piotrasoff » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:12 pm

If setting your profile to "private" (so only your friends can see your photos/posts and you do not post work-releated stuff) is not enough, then it goes too far. It means they can reject or sack you because of your personal opinion and private life, no matter its legal or not.

Whats next, checking your thoughts through hypnosis?

Saxon79
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Saxon79 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:25 pm

I think it's probably a smart move as a lot of info can be gleaned from fb

hmmmreally
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Paladin'
Alignment: 'Thunder'

Post by hmmmreally » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:29 pm

they check for stuff like whether your in the bnp or a terriost organisation etc I'm sure they don't look to see how good franks dogs auntie cat is feeling

Mjaymz
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by Mjaymz » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:34 pm

:slcl:
hmmmreally wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:29 pm
they check for stuff like whether your in the bnp or a terriost organisation etc I'm sure they don't look to see how good franks dogs auntie cat is feeling
That was brilliant that comment 😂😂😂😂 :slhehe:

hmmmreally
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Paladin'
Alignment: 'Thunder'

Post by hmmmreally » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:40 pm

WOW i think I've found the answer to the vetting taking so long they really are checking Facebook to see how franks dogs aunties cat is feeling it explains so much that its the only real answer.

SgtBush
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by SgtBush » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:45 pm

Yes they check facebook
They check for far right activities as well as posts/comments for things like racism.
They would have no more access than anyone else has in line with your privacy settings

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic