• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Long Wait!

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
Ben20

Long Wait!

Post by Ben20 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:04 pm

Hi everybody!

I took my RAD on the 18th of May, around five days later I received an email with the results, I had passed. Then on the 23rd of May, I received a phone call in the evening from the recruitment team. I was informed that the prison I had chosen had no positions available, but that another local prison did. So I was asked if I wanted to be put on the merit list for my chosen prison, or whether I'd like to accept a conditional offer for the other. Naturally I accepted the conditional offer at my other local prison. I proceeded (the following day) to fill out my pre-employment checks on my steria moj account. On the 4th of June I received my health questionnaire screen from occupational health via email, I filled this out and and submitted it the very same day. So far I thought the process was going very quickly, however this is where thing begin to slow down unfortunately. On the 17th of June, I received another email telling me "your application is currently going through pre-employment checks, there are elements to these checks which can take time to receive. The indicative timescale is 25 days". So I thought, fair enough I can understand that. Soon come and go the 25 days, so I thought I'd just give shared services a call. The only information I could get from them was "you are definitely going through the vetting process". Within a week of that phone call, both my references had received the forms to fill out and send back, they did this within the week as well. However after this I've heard nothing. I understand it can be a long process, but naturally as it's happening to me it feels like I'm being forgotten or somethings wrong etc. Since then I have called shared services 4-5 times in the hope I can get new information just to know whats going on, every time the only thing I'm told is "you are definitely going through the vetting process". So now I've given up calling them and am trying to patiently wait.

Can anyone else relate to my experience? Feels like it's going on a lot longer than some other peoples. I understand I've written a lot here so I appreciate that some people won't read this. But for those that do, thank you and I'd appreciate any advice/your experience that you offer.

Thanks, Ben.

SWM5436
Committee Member
Committee Member
Mood:

Re: Long Wait!

Post by SWM5436 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:09 pm

There are people that have just finished their vetting after 5 months on here so keep your chin up fella.
Last edited by SWM5436 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
POST - 21 June
RAD - 12 July
RAD passed - 15 July :slcup:
Conditional offer - 17 July
Vetting - 18 July :sloo:
OH Assist - 28 Sept
Awaiting scrutinisation by OH Assist - 19 Oct

bubbles
Official Member
Official Member

Post by bubbles » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Hi ben20 :slby: yep! I can totally relate as many other people on here can too! I applied and submitted forms etc maybe 1-2 weeks before yourself and still waiting. It seems everyone here has a different experience, some get through much quicker, others wait much longer. I have read of some waiting 4-5 months, 10 months I think was the longest I've seen! It is frustrating but not much else we can do but wait and hope to hear soon! :slbli: :slzi:
Applied 15/04
RAD 09/05
RAD Results 11/05
Conditional offer 17/05
Vetting forms submitted 18/05

Karen47
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Mood:

Post by Karen47 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:35 pm

Hi Ben, your not alone, I'm only on wk 4, but I've seen people pass vetting after 3 weeks & others many months, I'm afraid it's just a waiting game for us all, but your in good company here :slbg:
RAD 13th June. Pass result 14th June :slyay: . Merit listed 20th June. Applied 2nd establishment 24th June, POST test passed 26th June. Conditional offer 11th July. Accepted & Vetting forms back 12th July :sloo: now waiting :slzi:

Kryptonian
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Onyx'

Post by Kryptonian » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:36 pm

Hi Ben, you're not alone. I sent my forms back 12th May. My counter hasn't been contacted but other refs have. It's frustrating but am comforted by people posting they've passed, having waited longer than my current timescale. Chin up. :slbg:

Dreams1118
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Dreams1118 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:38 pm

Hey
I've not been waiting as long as you only 3 weeks into vetting. I phoned ss last week and they told me my countersignature reference and job reference had been sent and received back. Then called today and got told they are not giving info other than I am in vetting process and they will email if there is or problem or when complete. So I'm gonna leave it now let them do what they gotta do hope it speeds up for you and you here something soon.

Karen47
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Mood:

Post by Karen47 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:52 pm

There was a post recently on here about ss not giving out info, I've never called as I'm of the mindset they'll call me if any issues. I think it's best to think 'no news is good news' and try to relax :slcup:
RAD 13th June. Pass result 14th June :slyay: . Merit listed 20th June. Applied 2nd establishment 24th June, POST test passed 26th June. Conditional offer 11th July. Accepted & Vetting forms back 12th July :sloo: now waiting :slzi:

purplepig20
Counsellor
Counsellor

Post by purplepig20 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:00 pm

Try waiting 2 years from initial application, POST and RAD until first day on the job, then come back to me... :slwh:
If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur!

jimbo
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by jimbo » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:48 am

I waited 4 mths but I lived abroad for 4 years! I know a girl who passed in 3 weeks as she was 18 and never had a job and lived at home. I think age plays a big factor. The older you are the more they need to check.

kaynbridges
Rookie Member
Mood:

Post by kaynbridges » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:56 am

I am 20 and sent in my pre employment checks on the 12th of May, that's 13 weeks now. I don't think age has that much to do with it when there are people older than me getting theirs finished in 6 odd weeks

Kryptonian
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Onyx'

Post by Kryptonian » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:00 am

purplepig20 wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:00 pm
Try waiting 2 years from initial application, POST and RAD until first day on the job, then come back to me... :slwh:
Bloody Nora's! 2 years is crazy. Tell me you're glad you stuck the wait out.

Ben20

Post by Ben20 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:10 am

In the nicest possible way, I'm glad it's not just me! Guess I'm just going to have to be as patient as I can now.

In regards to purplepig20, I'm so hoping that you were just an isolated case, 2 years is a very long time to still be working a crappy job to get the one you want!

jimbo, I'm sure to a degree age does, however I'm only 20 and have a spotless record and I have completed everything on my end, even my references have been returned a while ago!

Than you everyone for replying, really appreciating it and learning of your experiences. Glad I am not alone.

Ben

K123
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by K123 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:56 am

jimbo wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:48 am
I waited 4 mths but I lived abroad for 4 years! I know a girl who passed in 3 weeks as she was 18 and never had a job and lived at home. I think age plays a big factor. The older you are the more they need to check.

Wow!!! I hope this happens to me. ☺️ I've had the same job for 6 and a half years. And one address too in the time they need to check ☺️🙌🏻Fingers crossed!!
22nd April - RAD
28th April - RAD results passed/OH Assist Returned
12th May - Merit Listed
1st August - Conditional Offer/Submitted Vetting

On the vetting train :slyay:

Lagertha
Gold Committee Member
Gold Committee Member
Mood:

Post by Lagertha » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:01 pm

Contributing factors are number of addresses you've lived at, number of jobs you've had - those two are the ones which take the longest time if you've had more than one of each. DBS can take 8-12 weeks on its own, as can the PNC. Don't fret, get comfy and as karen says - no news is good news 😉
Applied 16/04/2017, passed RAD 16/05, submitted vetting 18/05, got the call 07/07, Contract received and role accepted 18/07, familiarisation visit 19/07, induction week 24/07, POELT Sunningdale 31/07, Newbold 31/07 night, thanks 'ss' :slcoo:

QueenB
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by QueenB » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:05 pm

jimbo wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:48 am
I think it mostly boils down to how complicated your work history is which makes a big difference to how quick vetting takes. I'd been employed at the same company for 7 years and have lived at 2 addresses in the last 5 years. My vetting took 3 weeks.

Also I didnt realise this until I rang shared services for an update during vetting that the actual vetting process does not start as soon as you send your work and address history back online... they told me mine started a week later.

Dont worry though I am sure you've not been 'forgotten' about - they need as many people through as possible right now! I've no idea how many references you have for them to gather in so hard to comment on whether this is longer than average as the saying goes how long is a piece of string. everyone has different experiences of this so stay positive and try to distract yourself with something else as I know how obsessive it can get with thinking about it all every day!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic