• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play

Occupational Health Questionnaire HELP

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
freyaaar
Rookie Member
Mood:

Occupational Health Questionnaire HELP

Post by freyaaar » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:57 pm

Please help. This is driving me a bit mad now. I'm going through vetting and have been sent an occupational Heath questionnaire to complete through OH assist. It was all going so well, easy enough questions to answer (fortunately no or n/a for everything, I'm very healthy no medical issues). Anyway this was until its asked me for immunisation history! It's asking me to provide evidence (how/what?) and I don't even know if I've ever been vaccinated against Hep B or C or HIV, I just know I don't have it. And it says at least 5 tetanus injections in a lifetime, I'm only 23!

Please someone else say they've had to fill this form in and give me some pointers of what to do and how to go about this?!

Thanks in advance.

bluinfernouk
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Occupational Health Questionnaire HELP

Post by bluinfernouk » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:33 pm

Theres an option to click "send later"

Just select that, which is what I did, and they never asked for anything more after that, so worth a try for you too.

If they do need more later, I'm sure your GP can assist you at that stage.

MP
Gladium Practamus

SWM5436
Committee Member
Committee Member
Mood:

Post by SWM5436 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:48 pm

Unless you have worked in health care previously or in a profession where you are likely to come in to contact with human bodily fluids, it is unlikely that you will have recieved Hepatitis injections, to my knowledge there is no injection to protect you from HIV? If you are exposed to HIV then you start a PEP programme including vaccinations.

You can request your vaccination history from your GP if required.
Fam visit then POST - 21 June
RAD - 12 July
RAD result - 14 July
Conditional offer - 17 July
Vetting - 18 July
OH Assist - 28 Sept/9 Nov
Waiting the call - 11 Nov :slyay:
The Call 15 Nov - Start date TBC

rlm123
Banned Member

Post by rlm123 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:16 pm

If go to your doctors surgery the receptionist can print it off you. You'll have to call double check they can but mine have done it a few times. They won't send it out, you'll have to collect. If they are not happy with your previouse they will just request you ask your doctor for the required injections.

Please note there is not normally a charge for the immunisations form, only a charge if the doctor personally was filling out a questionnaire for the candidate. On this occasion the doctor is not required.
Hope this helps
Applied: 15/7 Passed Online: 17/7 Familiarization:03/08 Rad: 04/08 Rad results pass: 07/08 OH Assist: 09/08 Vetting submitted: 10/08
CTC VETTING SUBMITTED: 12/09
Steria change: 29/9waiting for higher checks to be completed

freyaaar
Rookie Member
Mood:

Post by freyaaar » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:26 am

Thankyou all for the help :-) I contacted my docs and actually got a copy of my immunisation history, took a picture and submitted that. Hopefully on the final stretch now seems OH assist is near the end?!

SWM5436
Committee Member
Committee Member
Mood:

Post by SWM5436 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:25 pm

There is no set order for OH, I got mine a couple of weeks back but others got it before vetting started properly.
RAD - 12 July
RAD result - 14 July
Vetting - 18 July

freyaaar
Rookie Member
Mood:

Post by freyaaar » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:36 pm

Ah I see. Hopefully hear something soon! I was part of the pilot RAD to speed up recruitment and vetting as they aren't recruiting officers fast enough apparently. We were told up to 4 weeks for vetting, so hmm we shall see!
Application: 21st August
Online Tests Complete: 31st August
RAD (Passed & Vetting Started): 18th September
OH Assist Completed: 6th October
Waiting on checks to clear!

Burtonboy
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Burtonboy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:42 pm

I did my Rad on th 18th of September at Newbold, had the OH assist forms the same day, I’ve been sat on the merit list since the 21st, so still no closer to even starting vetting yet.

freyaaar
Rookie Member
Mood:

Post by freyaaar » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:44 pm

@burtonboy excuse my ignorance what's the merit list? I did fill in a health questionnaire on the day too this is an extended online one that was emailed across.

Burtonboy
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Burtonboy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:52 pm

You get an email either giving you a conditional offer of employment, or saying you are being placed on a reserve list until a vacancy becomes available.

And yes I did a medical questionnaire on the day, and had the Online OH assist form( well login) emailed to me later in the afternoon for me to complete, I found out I passed the Rad the following day, and had an email saying I was on the merit list a few days after that, now waiting for an email to hopefully arrive saying I’m being offered a job on condition I pass vetting.

I could sit on the Rad list for 12 months with no job offer, then I’d have to reapply again and retake the Rad. I’ve set up some job alerts for the other local prisons, so if they start a recruitment campaign I can apply there as well to increase my chances of getting a job offer, but for now it’s a waiting game.

freyaaar
Rookie Member
Mood:

Post by freyaaar » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:57 pm

Oh wow @burtonboy, I hope you hear something soon. Must be awful sitting in limbo like that 😕 Thanks for clearing that all up. We were fortunate at my prison we were told we passed on the day and handed a conditional offer letter with dates of POELTs on for Oct/Nov and filled in a uniform order, so the ball was rolling from that day on.

Ross1708
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Ross1708 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:29 am

I’ve recieved the OH Assist email this morning, does this mean I passed RAD as I’ve not had notification off them?

Burtonboy
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Burtonboy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:28 pm

Ross1708 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:29 am
I’ve recieved the OH Assist email this morning, does this mean I passed RAD as I’ve not had notification off them?
No it doesn’t, I received my OH assist forms the same day as I sat my RAD, but didn’t get the results until the day after.

It just seems to be how quick the admin people raise the OH assist request.

SWM5436
Committee Member
Committee Member
Mood:

Post by SWM5436 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:31 pm

Burtonboy wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:28 pm
Ross1708 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:29 am
No it doesn’t, I received my OH assist forms the same day as I sat my RAD, but didn’t get the results until the day after.

It just seems to be how quick the admin people raise the OH assist request.
Took them 10 weeks to send me the OH assist form so not always quick.
RAD - 12 July
RAD result - 14 July
Vetting - 18 July

Cydders06
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Cydders06 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:28 pm

I submitted oh assist medical form back in August and last week had a phonecall and email booking me in for a telephone call appointment. Apparently if you ticked yes to anything or if you were randomly selected for scrutiny then a nurse has to call you, go through some questions before clearing you as fit to work. she uploads her form to the portal. Perhaps this explains the wait for some and also the higher checks and or health outstanding? Mine changed to that mid September and the only thing outstanding was the medical form.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic