• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
five years ago Benchmarking came in which said prisons could run with a lot less staff, VEDS was born and thousands of highly experienced prison officers were paid off handsomely to leave early.
This gave HMP the prisons with a lot less staff that they wanted and since then? Well since then we have RECORD NUMBERS of brand new prison officers with 0 experience whatever. Far better than the hugely experienced prison officers who were paid handsomely to leave.
Join falkor, manc-apollo and npatchet2000, Twisties and Moredread for the BIG DISCUSSION on all this and more, 2000hrs Wednesday night

mChat Wednesday night 2000 :slhehe:

Black coffee :mug: provided free

criminal record during vetting.

Only start a new topic in this forum if the subject directly concerns Vetting or Recruitment
MrshaneM
Rookie Member

criminal record during vetting.

Post by MrshaneM » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi people.
i'm currently in vetting for a Cat C prison, and have a criminal record my first offence was in 2005 and i was only aged 10 at the time of the offence. however there was a few more in the same year. and one of the offences landed me an 18 month conditional discharge. My most recent one was back in 2012 on my 18th birthday and i was caught in possession of a class B controlled drug and received a police caution. does anyone think this will effect me?

TangoVictor
Official Member
Official Member
Mood:

Re: criminal record during vetting.

Post by TangoVictor » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:54 pm

Hello,

Difficult to be sure. Be honest, declare everything.

But if you search Criminal Record and vetting you'll find some posts. There was a post a while back that was bang on and explained what would cause you to be rejected. Maybe search "rejected" or similar.

To get you started so we don't have another Criminal Record thread clogging up the forum ...

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9240

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13152

I by no means mean to come across as rude, but in the last few days we've had several posts regarding a criminal record and apllying.

TV
Last edited by TangoVictor on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starting as a Prison Officer April 2018 :slzz: :slda:

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.

TangoVictor
Official Member
Official Member
Mood:

Re: criminal record during vetting.

Post by TangoVictor » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:55 pm

I've found it ...

"You'll be rejected if ... "

https://www.prisonofficer.org.uk/viewto ... =25&t=2476

TV
Starting as a Prison Officer April 2018 :slzz: :slda:

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic