thought for the day
we must get away from this notion that criminals need to be punished. why should they be punished? :slno: this is an outmoded method of dealing with a person who committed a crime. they should be held in custody, preferably for a short a time as possible, so it doesn't cost too much and if when they are released, they then commit a further crime, well even then they still don't deserve punishment, instead they should be welcomed back into custody, preferably for an even shorter time than previously, so it costs even less than the first time. when released back onto the poor old UK public again, if they commit a further crime again, well - it's to be expected. the UK have a 'REVOLVING DOOR JUSTICE system,' it's not that good at actually providing justice for the UK public, but it is cheap and that's what counts :slsad:

now place your mouse top right of this announcement, click on X

Games Criminals Play

all other issues that relate to Prison Officers

Moderator: Chryo

FlamingYeti
Official Member
Official Member

Games Criminals Play

Post by FlamingYeti » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:37 pm

I want to recommend a book I am currently reading and finding very interesting and informative it is called "Games Criminals Play and how to profit by knowing them by Bud Allen/Diana Bosta" it goes into the games prisoners play in manipulating prison employees and how you can prevent yourself becoming a target/mark, although it was written by a former US corrections officer in the early 80s the psychology behind it all should still be relevant.

I assume the POELT involves training around this subject but I love to read and am always thirsty for knowledge, anyone have any other suggestions on reading material relevant to the job?
The Internet never forgets. :slda:

Andy888
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Games Criminals Play

Post by Andy888 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:21 pm

I would personally fully expect the POELT to cover such matters in detail (anyone able to confirm?). But the key would then surely be to keep to what you've learnt in training and to not deviate from that training but also learn how to adapt to counter the games played against you as and when they change?.

Rampers
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Rampers » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:00 pm

Poelt does cover this and when you have your week induction they might cover a little then. I'll try and update next week when I cover it then unless some one can beat me to it.

kiloren
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Jasper'

Post by kiloren » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:08 pm

You cover a lot on corruption prevention

Just CYA

Cover your arse report anything you suspect and anything that leaves you open.

Never put your self at risk :)

Remember they will be very skilled at getting what they want off people and will pick out people based of a wide range of things

Someone told me alway think why are they asking me that what do they really want.

And today a lady said to a group of us on another couse nothing to do with this but had a place

In porridge mr mckye and another officer see a prisoner pulling up socks and he says to the officer 'don't think he is pulling up his socks, think what is he putting in them' found that very interesting
"I know what I must do. I don't know if I'm strong enough to do it. Will you help me?"

FlamingYeti
Official Member
Official Member

Post by FlamingYeti » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:15 pm

Awesome stuff, thanks for the info.
The Internet never forgets. :slda:

kiloren
Committee Member
Committee Member
Sacred: 'Jasper'

Post by kiloren » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:17 pm

No prob

When's ur polet where u going for it

Enjoy it

It's hard at times but good fun
"I know what I must do. I don't know if I'm strong enough to do it. Will you help me?"

PeaGreen
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by PeaGreen » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:30 pm

Rampers wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:00 pm
Poelt does cover this and when you have your week induction they might cover a little then. I'll try and update next week when I cover it then unless some one can beat me to it.
As I am part of the better section on our POELT ;) I can confirm you do a LOT on corruption, both as like a specific session and as a related topic to other things you are doing.
You even get handouts about how not to be corrupt!
Fear cuts deeper than swords

Rampers
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Rampers » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:37 pm

Uhhhhhh peagreen I'm just I thought you loved me and my section this week your gonna feel pain and I'm gonna ask for it to be turned up to 11 on b sec lol

PeaGreen
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by PeaGreen » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:55 pm

Someone in our group is bringing cookies, so you'll be begging to be on our section for C&R again ;)
Fear cuts deeper than swords

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic