• Active Topics  Back Forward Stop Play
mChat Sunday @ 0900 hrs
Celticbhoy

Need to remember the prison is ours we just let them stay there. So none of this it's there house or own space. You can't go to a hotel and spark up?

falkor
I vaguely remember some movie where tons of missing people were returned to the planet including Glen Miller although he was slightly changed and now played reggae
manc-apollo
In some YOI they do get gifts,socks or little stocking filler type things. Staff will usually get a longer dinner there will be a little fewer staff on over the whole day because bang up is usually earlier. You will tend to find its harder to bang up the more difficult cons near the end of your day over the festive period.
Moredread
We're also doing something different again this year for food. Last year I did a tapas which was amazing. This year with be a 3 bird game pie (pheasant, partridge and duck - all shot locally and prepared by yours truly), roast potatoes and parsnips, carrots and peas with a home made stuffing.
SgtBush
But boss boss....... NO.
No is a good word to have.
You can change a no to a yes easier than a yes to a no if your unsure.

do join us :slcu: on this early morning mChat, a variety of questions and answers to be had
have your questions prepped for our experts and you will get an on the spot answer
click the X top right of this Announcement panel :x-)

Shifts/ days off

all other issues that relate to Prison Officers

Moderator: Chryo

Andy888
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Shifts/ days off

Post by Andy888 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:34 pm

YNWA wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:29 am
How often are the nights Andy at that establishment
Can't speak for all establishments but I've looked into late February on my rota and I've not noticed any nights in it at all yet. Again, like the irregular day shift pattern I'm not fussed on nights at all, either I'll get them in my first 6 months or I won't. But some doing their POELT with me from other establishments seem to be getting their night shifts very early on, maybe they will get them more often than us I'm thinking?.

Best thing for me is my days off are all over the place, looking forwards to having different days off than the same days every week. But guess that sort of rota won't suit or appeal to everyone.

Leahfay92
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Leahfay92 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:30 pm

Does anyone know what some establishments are like with a set day off? Obviously this isn't a supermarket job so I understand this probably won't happen but just worth an ask. Just wondering if it's down to your governor or a strictly no go. I play for a women's football team and with just being made captain this season I obviously want to miss as little games as possible :) x

purplepig20
Counsellor
Counsellor

Post by purplepig20 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:59 pm

You do know that you can swap your shifts with another officer to suit what days you need off?
Fixed rest days is generally only given to people that need them for childcare reasons etc. It would be highly unlikely that you'd get it just to go play football. There's usually plenty of people willing to shiftswap - you scratch their back and they'll scratch yours... :slwin:
If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur!

BongoBongo
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by BongoBongo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:46 am

My establishment looks to be nights every 13 weeks and 5 days a week. I'm hoping it's possible to do 4 in the future as a 37 hour week spread over 5 days seems odd when I currently work 48 over 5.

roninwarrior83
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by roninwarrior83 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:17 pm

BongoBongo I take it your the same as myself and won't be opting into the additional hours. I also currently work 48hrs per week but for less money so the prospect of 37 hours for more money is a very nice one!

BongoBongo
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by BongoBongo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:29 pm

Ronin definitely, less money for me but definitely worth it for less hours! Will happily sign up for PP if needed but I won't put myself through more than 37 hours after ten years of it!

roninwarrior83
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Post by roninwarrior83 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:42 pm

That's exactly my position on it. If I need extra cash I'll do an odd PP shift here and there but for me this job is about work life balance. I want to get back to my old fighting shape and have a few last fights before I retire and just teach working the hours I do currently I can't really train myself so I end up just teaching

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic