thought for the day
we must get away from this notion that criminals need to be punished. why should they be punished? :slno: this is an outmoded method of dealing with a person who committed a crime. they should be held in custody, preferably for a short a time as possible, so it doesn't cost too much and if when they are released, they then commit a further crime, well even then they still don't deserve punishment, instead they should be welcomed back into custody, preferably for an even shorter time than previously, so it costs even less than the first time. when released back onto the poor old UK public again, if they commit a further crime again, well - it's to be expected. the UK have a 'REVOLVING DOOR JUSTICE system,' it's not that good at actually providing justice for the UK public, but it is cheap and that's what counts :slsad:

now place your mouse top right of this announcement, click on X

I don't know why I shoplifted, I need help

for OFF DUTY and leisure topics: so chat about whatever you like except issues that should go into areas above this

Moderator: Chryo

falkor
Navigator
Navigator
Alignment: 'Shade'

I don't know why I shoplifted, I need help

Post by falkor » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:38 pm

The 60-year-old Ready Steady Cook star said that he had no idea what had been going through his mind after reportedly taking small value items from the Tesco store in Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, five times over the course of 16 days.

'Why did I do it? I've been asking myself that same question since Friday,' he said in an interview with the Daily Express.

'I've been racking my brains to think why on earth did I do it and what was going through my mind at the time, but I just don't know.

'There is absolutely no reason,' he added. 'I'm totally at a loss, totally embarrassed, apologetic and gutted for my family and friends
[ external image ]
Worrall Thompson was arrested on suspicion of theft on Friday and later cautioned by police, after he was caught on camera misusing a self-scanning checkout at the store, and slipping some items into bags without paying for them.
Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/886905-a ... z1j5OLGTh9
UK planning forums got a planning application in the UK?

dogman
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: I don't know why I shoplifted, I need help

Post by dogman » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:10 pm

Why did he do it ?, a couple of reasons,

One, he was embarrassed, and did'nt want to be seen queing to pay in tesco's with the oi poloi.

Two, Fortnum & Mason's were closed, so it could'nt be charged to his account.

Rob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic